Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
City of Smithville Offices to be Closed Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018
CITY OF SMITHVILLE OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED FOR NATIONAL DAY OF MOURNING - In honor of George H. W. Bush, 41st president of the United States, all City of Sm...read more >
Judge Ronald Jones
The City of Smithville mourns the passing of Judge Ron Jones on Saturday, September 22, 2018. He faithfully served the municipal court since 2008. The City...read more >
Legacy Portrait Project
We want your opinion! Please click on this link to take a survey about who should be honored through the Legacy Portrait project. The National Endowment...read more >