Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
OPEN RECORDS REQUEST
City of Smithville policy is to provide you with the fullest possible access to public information. If you wish to request records under the Texas Public Information Act, please refer to the following requirements and guidelines.
- Requests must be made in writing. Telephone requests are not considered open records requests.
- Please include your name, contact information and a clear description of the records you are requesting in all open records request.
- You may send an open records request now via email to email@example.com as email is considered written communication.
- Written requests may also be mailed or delivered in person to our office at 317 Main St. Smithville, TX 78957. Email requests will be accepted only through firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Smithville also accepts open records requests by fax 512-237-4549 please make ATTN: Open Records or Tracie Dzenowski.
- Click here to download an Open Records Request Fillable Form. It is not required to use this form but is an option if you prefer to use it. Once the form is completed please email to email@example.com
City of Smithville is under no legal obligation to respond if the requirements of the Public Information Act are not followed. For more information about the Texas Public Information Act, please consult the Texas Office of Attorney General, Open Records Division.
Open records requests are not required for Texas Peace Officer's Crash Reports (CR-3), which are available for purchase through the Crash Report Online Purchase System For accident or crash reports, please click here.
City of Smithville Tax Rate
See below for information on pulling permits. Please Contact City Hall or visit the General Window at City Hall for additional information on pulling permits.
City Council Meeting will be at the Rec Center October 18th @ 6:00P.M.
The Council meeting will be moved to the Rec Center for the October 18th meeting due to early voting being held at City Hall. The Rec Center addr...read more >
Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Bastrop County, Texas and Incorporated Areas
From FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency >> Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Bastrop County, Texas and Incorporated Areas The Depa...read more >
Proposed Budget and Workshop
The City of Smithville will have a Budget Workshop on August 25, 2021 at 4:30 P.M. click the links below to see the proposed budget and the agenda. ...read more >