Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly-owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets. He even held the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot, helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a it has a nice sofa and a couple of vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
RNAV Coming Soon!
No available hangar spaces at this time. Tiedowns are available, please contact Tracia Lara for more information.
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL - Self service
- Parking: tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Loaner car available
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general)
- Hangar - Single - $375/month. Currently there is a waiting list for hanger rentals. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis. Please call us at 512-237-3282 to be placed on the list.
- Tie-down Space Outside - Ramp area: Single Engine $50/month - Twin Engine $60/month. Grass Area: Single Engine = $35/month Twin Engine= $50/month.
Rental Hanger Representative Photo
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt
- Weight bearing capacity: 12.5K each wheel
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity - Pilot Controlled on 123.3
RECYLCE CENTER CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS
Veterans Day: The City of Smithville will close the Recycling Center on Friday, November 10, 2023, for the Veterans Day Holiday. Recycle Center will return...read more >
Residential Trash Service Canceled for Tuesday 10/24/2023
Due to staffing issues, Waste Management has canceled the residential trash service route for Tuesday 10/24/2023. Please leave your trash cans out as the r...read more >
Extended Burn Ban Order: 9/14-10/10/23
The extended Burn Ban Order approved in Commissioners Court on 9/11/2023. The extended Order will go into effect on, September 14, 2023, at 5:00 PM, and...read more >