Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
ALL CITY OF SMITHVILLE PARKS ARE NOW OPEN
Effective Friday, May 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm, all City of Smithville Parks were RE-OPENED to the public. This included Riverbend Park, MLK Park, Sm...read more >
COVID-19 UPDATE: ALL CITY OF SMITHVILLE PARKS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE -
Effective April 9, 2020 at 11:59 pm all City of Smithville Parks will be CLOSED to the public until further notice. This includes Riverbend Park, MLK Park,...read more >
New City Hours during COVID-19 Until Further Notice
It will be 7:30 am-4:00 pm. Monday- Friday. Except for this Friday City offices will be closed Friday, April 10th in observance of Good Fridayread more >