Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
OPEN RECORDS REQUEST
City of Smithville policy is to provide you with the fullest possible access to public information. If you wish to request records under the Texas Public Information Act, please refer to the following requirements and guidelines.
- Requests must be made in writing. Telephone requests are not considered open records requests.
- Please include your name, contact information and a clear description of the records you are requesting in all open records request.
- You may send an open records request now via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as email is considered written communication.
- Written requests may also be mailed or delivered in person to our office at 317 Main St. Smithville, TX 78957. Email requests will be accepted only through email@example.com
- City of Smithville also accepts open records requests by fax 512-237-4549 please make ATTN: Open Records or Tracie Dzenowski.
- Click here to download an Open Records Request Fillable Form. It is not required to use this form but is an option if you prefer to use it. Once the form is completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Smithville is under no legal obligation to respond if the requirements of the Public Information Act are not followed. For more information about the Texas Public Information Act, please consult the Texas Office of Attorney General, Open Records Division.
Open records requests are not required for Texas Peace Officer's Crash Reports (CR-3), which are available for purchase through the Crash Report Online Purchase System For accident or crash reports, please click here.
City of Smithville Tax Rate
See below for information on pulling permits. Please Contact City Hall or visit the General Window at City Hall for additional information on pulling permits.
Now Hiring! Community Engagement Coordinator
City of Smithville seeks Community Engagement Coordinator who will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust community engagement strategy ...read more >
URGENT NOTICE – ROAD CLOSURE / DETOUR DUE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT
At approximately 3:00 pm on July 9, 2021 the City of Smithville received notice that a Union Pacific Train derailed blocking HWY-95 at the MLK BLVD an...read more >
MOSQUITO SPRAYING IN SMITHVILLE WILL BEGIN FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021
The recent rains combined with warmer temperatures have created the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. In response, the City will begin spraying all...read more >