Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Over the last several weeks, local officials have been in constant communication regarding the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the country and now throughout parts of Texas. As more information becomes available and the local impact changes, the City of Smithville along with local community leaders remain dedicated to safeguarding the public and limiting impact on our community. Although there are no confirmed cases currently in Bastrop, local officials are implementing precautions to preemptively negate further spread of this illness and ensure that we can continue to offer essential services to our citizens.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have symptoms or medical questions, please call the Ascension COVID-19 Medical Hotline at 1-833-978-0649.
If you have symptoms that place you in the medium to high-risk category they will try to return your call within the hour.
If you are a low-risk caller they will return your call within 24 hours
Other links: Center for Disease Control and Prevention Website https://www.cdc.gov/
Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Bastrop County, Texas and Incorporated Areas
From FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency >> Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Bastrop County, Texas and Incorporated Areas The Depa...read more >
Proposed Budget and Workshop
The City of Smithville will have a Budget Workshop on August 25, 2021 at 4:30 P.M. click the links below to see the proposed budget and the agenda. ...read more >
Just a reminder for trash pickup.
Each customer must use the new cart. This will result in greater operational efficiency and ensure household trash is contained. All trash must be put in...read more >