Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly - owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets, even holding the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot,helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a nice sofa and a couple vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
RNAV Coming Soon! Hanger space available!
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL - Self service
- Parking: tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Loaner car available
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general)
- Tie-down Space Outside - $30/month for turf and $40/month for ramp
- Hangar - Single - $300/month
- Currently there is a waiting list for hanger rentals. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis. Please call us at 512-237-3282 to be placed on the list.
Rental Hanger Representative Photo
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt
- Weight bearing capacity: 12.5K each wheel
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity - Pilot Controlled on 123.3
Now Hiring! Community Engagement Coordinator
City of Smithville seeks Community Engagement Coordinator who will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust community engagement strategy ...read more >
URGENT NOTICE – ROAD CLOSURE / DETOUR DUE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT
At approximately 3:00 pm on July 9, 2021 the City of Smithville received notice that a Union Pacific Train derailed blocking HWY-95 at the MLK BLVD an...read more >
MOSQUITO SPRAYING IN SMITHVILLE WILL BEGIN FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021
The recent rains combined with warmer temperatures have created the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. In response, the City will begin spraying all...read more >