Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly - owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets, even holding the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot,helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a nice sofa and a couple vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
Link To 84R FB Page -->https://www.facebook.com/Fly84R/?fref=ts
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL
- Parking: hangars and tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Bottled oxygen: NONE
- Bulk oxygen: NONE
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general) - $60/hr
- Tie-down Space Outside - $25/mo
- Hangar - Single - $140/mo
- Hanger - Twin - $160/mo
- Service calls to La Grange, Giddings, Cuero, Lexington, and other cities in the area
- At this current moment, there is no hangar availability. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis.
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt, in good condition
- Weight bearing capacity:
- Single wheel: 12.5
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity
Airport Operational Statistics
- Aircraft based on the field: 45
- Single engine airplanes: 37
- Multi engine airplanes: 2
- Helicopter: 1
- Ultralights: 5
- Aircraft operations: avg 25/day
- 67% local general aviation
- 33% transient general aviation
BURN BAN IN EFFECT
This statement is from Bastrop County Emergency Management Office: "Conditions warrant a burn ban throughout Bastrop County. Effective at 3:00...read more >
UPDATE: Recycling Center Open for Business
The Recycling Center's equipment failure has been repaired. Please resume bringing in your recycling as normal. Thank you for your patience while we...read more >
NOTICE - LOOP 230 ROAD CLOSURE APRIL 27th (12:30 PM to 3:00 PM) FOR JAMBOREE PARADE
LOOP 230 will be CLOSED on Saturday, April 27th from 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM for the 2019 JAMBOREE PARADE. Registration for the parade is between 8:45 am...read more >