Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly - owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets, even holding the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot,helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a nice sofa and a couple of vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
RNAV Coming Soon!
No available hangar spaces at this time. Tiedowns are available, please contact Tracia Ford for more information.
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL - Self service
- Parking: tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Loaner car available
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general)
- Hangar - Single - $325/month - Currently there is a waiting list for hanger rentals. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis. Please call us at 512-237-3282 to be placed on the list.
- Tie-down Space Outside - Ramp area: Single Engine $50 per month - Twin Engine $60 per month. Grass Area: Single Engine = $35.00 per month Twin Engine= $50.00 per month.
Rental Hanger Representative Photo
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt
- Weight bearing capacity: 12.5K each wheel
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity - Pilot Controlled on 123.3
Burn Ban Alert
BURN BAN in Effect as of Monday, June 13 at 4 p.m. through Monday, August 8 Please follow this link for additional information and resources on th...read more >
RED FLAG WARNING
This is an important message from Bastrop County, TX NWS has issued a Red Flag Warning for Bastrop County from 9 AM until 8:00 PM this Thursday due to h...read more >
FINAL WINTER WEATHER UPDATE - 2/4/22 @ 9:30 AM
As of 9:30 am, ALL roads and bridges into and out of Smithville are passable. However, there is minor sleet/ice accumulation on the shoulders and les...read more >